IN ACCORDANCE TO THE NY STATEWIDE MASK MANDATE, ALL CUSTOMERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK WHILE ENTERING THE TASTING ROOM UNTIL PROPERLY SOCIALLY DISTANCED AND SEATED. ANYONE NOT SEATED/WHO GETS OUT OF THEIR SEAT WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK AT ALL OTHER TIMES REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS. THIS IS A STATE MANDATE WITH THE POTENTIAL OF LARGE FINES/SHUT DOWN FOR THE VINEYARD IF NOT COMPLIED WITH. PLEASE BE KIND TO OUR CREW AS WE HAVE NO CHOICE IN THIS MATTER. THANK YOU.
- FULLY VACCINATED INDIVIDUALS WITH PROOF OF VACCINATION ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK IN OUR TASTING ROOM. NON-VACCINATED PEOPLE MUST STILL WEAR A MASK AND SOCIALLY DISTANCE. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT AS CASES RISE THIS CAN CHANGE AT ANY TIME AND WE CONTINUE TO STRONGLY RECOMMEND WEARING A MASK WHILE INSIDE OUR BUILDING/UNTIL AT A TASTING SPOT.
- DUE TO HIGH DEMAND FOR WINE TASTINGS LATER IN THE DAY (3PM-6PM) AND ON WEEKENDS WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND MAKING A RESERVATION IF YOU PLAN ON ARRIVING DURING THESE TIME FRAMES. WE WILL TAKE WALK-IN TASTINGS IF ABLE BUT CAN ONLY GUARANTEE A SPOT IF YOU HAVE A RESERVATION. WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON EXTENDED CUSTOMER INTERACTION AND ONE OF THE MOST PERSONABLE ONE-ON ONE TASTING EXPERIENCES YOU'LL FIND IN THE FINGER LAKES. WE INTEND TO KEEP IT THAT WAY EVEN IF IT MEANS SCALING BACK THE AMOUNT OF TASTINGS A LITTLE TO ACCOUNT FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE, SAFETY AND EASE OF STAFF. FOR THOSE THAT CAN'T GET IN FOR A TASTING, WE STILL OFFER A QUICK COUPLE SAMPLES AS WELL AS GLASS AND BOTTLE SERVICE IF WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCOMMODATE YOU.
-WE ACCEPT SMALLER TASTINGS UNTIL 5:30 PM BUT WARN THAT AS WE CLOSE AT 6PM, YOU WILL NOT HAVE MUCH TIME TO GET A GLASS, EXPLORE THE GROUNDS, NOR WILL IT LEAVE MUCH OF A WINDOW FOR LATENESS. PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF THIS UPON MAKING A RESERVATION.
- DUE TO AN INFLUX OF LATE RESERVATIONS, NO CALL/NO-SHOWS AND HAVING TO TURN AWAY OTHERS BECAUSE OF IT: ALL WEEKEND RESERVATIONS (FRI-SAT) MUST PAY THE FULL BALANCE OF THE TASTING UPON RESERVATION PLACEMENT. IN THE EVENT OF SUCH A SITUATION WE WILL KEEP THE BALANCE WHILE CANCELLATIONS MADE WITHIN 15 MINUTES OF SAID RESERVATIONS START TIME WILL BE FULLY REFUNDED.
- ALL TASTING RESERVATIONS 10 MINUTES LATE OR MORE NO MATTER THE SIZE, MAY BE SUBJECT TO FORFEITURE OF TASTING, EXPEDITED SERVICE, OR GUIDED SERVICE (WE PICK THE WINES) DEPENDING ON DEGREE OF LATENESS.
- DUE TO TOMPKINS COUNTY'S RISE IN COVID VARIANT CASES, WE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY ACCEPTING TASTINGS AND GROUPS FOR GLASS/BOTTLE SALES UP TO 10 PPL. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND CALLING AHEAD (FOR GLASS/BOTTLE SALES) OR MAKING A RESERVATION (FOR TASTINGS) FOR BIGGER GROUPS (8-10). WE WILL NOT SPLIT GROUPS OF +10 OR ALLOW LARGER GROUPS ON THE GROUNDS IN FAIRNESS TO OTHERS
As New York has reached it's 70% vaccinated threshold as well as Ithaca having one of the highest metro vaccination rates in the country, we are no longer requiring masks for fully vaccinated individuals in our tasting room. All unvaccinated guests will still be required to wear a mask and properly socially distance whenever they are not seated as per State Liquor Authority rules. In all cases, we reserve the right to ask for proof of vaccination so please be prepared and ready for such.
For the time being, indoor capacity and wine tasting availability will remain limited and plexiglass will remain on the bars. If you'd like to do a wine tasting, we highly recommend making a reservation. Especially during peak times including weekends and holidays.
Please see our last update below for more information on how our tastings are currently running.
- As we start to get busier, we would still like to encourage anyone who wants to do a tasting to make a reservation in advance. As we are still very limited in our tasting bar capacity, we cannot guarantee walk-in tastings during peak hours or days (Saturdays almost always require a reservation). We only take reservations for wine tastings which are held indoors at our bars. Each bar is fitted with plexi-glass between you and staff. Your attendant will also be wearing a mask at all times. WE DO NOT OFFER WINE TASTINGS OUTSIDE!
- All outdoor and deck seating for glass or bottle consumption is limited and first come, first serve. We do not in any circumstance take reservations for our outdoor seating.
- Even though we do not do tastings outside, we are always happy to give you a couple samples to help you settle on the perfect glass or bottle to enjoy on our property.
- We are able to safely accommodate a good amount of people but much like anywhere else, if we hit our capacity there is not much more we can do than sell you a bottle to-go. Please be mindful of this if you plan to take a cab, lyft, or uber in.
- As it stands, our ideal group sizes are 6 people or less. Our maximum is 10 people but you must call the winery to book directly. Any group over 6 people will be split up and subject to a guided tasting (aka we pick the wines).
- We reserve the right to limit on-site consumption bottle sales to 1 per person per trip to the bar. We also reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone without a valid ID, visibly intoxicated, or with prior concern or complaint against. This allows us not only to protect ourselves but you as well.
- All outside alcohol (not purchased from us) is strictly prohibited on our property. Any outside alcohol found on an individual or group will be confiscated on first offense, any additional warning pertaining to an individual or group will result in being escorted off the property.
- We are a private property and even though we have a large amount of nature space we are a winery, not a park. Please adhere to the same standards one would normally expect if at a bar or restaurant. Please follow Covid protocols and the standards we have set for everyone’s safe enjoyment. Please respect our staff and other guests as well. We all have enough to deal with already; we should not have to be your babysitter as well! If anyone is not adhering to these standards or making you uncomfortable or concerned for your or their own safety please bring this to the attention of our staff.
- Due to multiple incidents of stolen and broken glassware on our grounds, we are now using plastic cups on busy days and weekends for anyone outside the tasting bar. We apologize for this inconvenience and encourage anyone to bring their own glass if they'd prefer
UPDATE NOVEMBER 4TH:
- All tastings are done at the bar inside our tasting room . We will have the doors/windows open on nice days to facilitate air flow, and for chiller days we have multiple HEPA air purifiers circulating fresh air. In addition the bars have been outfitted with plexi-glass and the tasting room attendant will remain masked during your tasting. We have set up our two bars into four small tasting stations, have multiple hand sanitation stations, and are strictly adhering to NY State capacity rules as to limit crowding and cross interaction with others.
- Due to high demand on weekends (Fri-Sun) reservations are highly recommended and are the only guaranteed way to acquire a tasting. Due to bar sanitation in between tastings as well as the need to provide our staff with ample breaks to step outside/cool off (they wear masks for 8+ hours) all reservations more than 10 minutes late are subject to forfeiture of their spot, deposit or if able, expedited services.
- Due to a wave of last-minute cancellations, no shows, and late arrivals we now require payment up front or a card on file for all Friday, Saturday, and Sunday reservations.
- Due to capacity rules and approaching winter weather we are only accepting groups of six people or less. Please note bar seating is for wine tastings only. Additional indoor seating is limited and on a first come, first serve basis. In addition, large groups are unable to hang in the tasting room once their tasting is over. Please do not cheat this system as we also do not want large groups as to provide ample space, social distancing and a safe environment for everyone.
- Due to increased cleaning and sanitation efforts we will no longer be accepting wine tastings after 5:30PM on weekdays and 5PM on weekends (Friday-Sun.) Bottle and glass sales will still be available until closing time at 6PM.
- As per daylight savings time dictates the grounds and outdoor seating aside from the tasting room deck will now close at nightfall. No exceptions!
JUNE 21: We are still open for outdoor on site consumption of glasses/bottles as well as to-go sales. Our target date (subject to change) for re-opening for wine tastings is Saturday, June 20th. We will begin taking reservations the afternoon of Wednesday, June 17th and will also be launching an online reservation service that day. We can accommodate up to four wine tastings at a time between our two different bars. Two groups upwards to 6 people each on one bar and two groups up to 4 people each on the other. Due to this limited capacity we strongly discourage anyone under 21 from entering the tasting room. If you are unable to accommodate this, the underage parties must remain with you and must be counted as part of your reservation regardless of the fact they will not be able to drink.
As per NY state regulations, we are not accepting any groups over 10 people (this includes outdoors as well). Due to the setup of our tasting room any groups larger than six will have to be split up. In addition, all groups larger than 6 will have to utilize our outdoor property (excluding the deck) if they want to have a glass or bottle for on-site consumption.
Tasting parties are expected to be at the bar and ready to taste at their agreed upon time, as well as remain at the bar until the tasting is over. Failure to do so can result in loss of reservation or tastings (non-refundable). Masks are still expected unless you are in your designated tasting area or at a table.
Starting Monday we will be modifying our hours 12PM-6PM for the work week and reverting back to our regular hours 10AM-6PM on the 20th. Please bear with us as we continue to navigate this new normal. Thank you!
JUNE 4TH: As of today we are now able to offer bottle and glass sales for outdoor on site consumption on our deck and grounds under very specific guidelines which are listed below. This is in addition to the to-go bottle sales, shipping, and curbside pick up we have been offering. At this time, we are still unable to do wine tastings, offer indoor seating, or indoor consumption.
Outdoor Consumption Rules:
1. No groups larger than six people at this time.
2. Your bottles and glasses can still be purchased in the tasting room. But please be mindful of anyone else in the building. We are running on limited staff and ask that if you see people at the bar upon arrival, please wait before coming up to the bar.
3. You must wear a mask in all common areas (including tasting room, deck, and grounds) until you are sitting at your table. Once you are at your table, you can take your mask off. If you get up to walk around, use bathroom, etc., the mask has to go back on.
4. As per NY rules only outside consumption is allowed. Be mindful of the weather before arriving as you will not be able to sit, linger, or drink in the tasting room under any circumstances! Covered outdoor spaces are greatly limited.
5. All seating is on a first come, first serve basis. You are welcome to bring your own food and eat but tables are for people only, do not use additional tables to set up buffets or picnics if you're not actually going to be sitting there.
6. Continue to maintain social distancing outside of your group.
7. Table's are spaced out to guidelines and can not be moved or put together. Due to capacity we can not offer additional chairs other than what is already on the deck.
8. Unfortunately at this time, all wine for on site consumption will have to be served in single use cups. No glassware.
9. Everyone must be off of the grounds/property at closing time (Sun-Thurs: 5PM * Fri. & Sat.: 6PM).
MAY 15TH: As classified by NY state, wineries are within phase 3 for a potential full re-opening as early as June 12th. This is subject to change and greatly dependent on how the first two re-opening phases go.
Until that authorization comes, we will continue to be open only for to-go bottle sales and curbside pickup. We will keep you posted as we learn more information.
MARCH 16TH : Due to NY state mandates regarding Covid-19, we will no longer be offering wine tastings or on site consumption indefinitely (this includes on our grounds as well). We are still open as an essential agricultural and food/beverage service business with restricted hours (see below) for bottle sales strictly on a to-go basis.
Friday: 12PM - 6PM
Saturday: 11AM - 6PM
We are also offering curbside service to those who do not want to come inside. Those who would prefer curbside are welcome to order via phone 607-272-9463 during business hours and our online store as well. Please consider calling in your order in advance as to limit any wait time.
All shipping orders will continue to be fulfilled as usual. All scheduled events the next couple months will be treated on a case by case basis dependent on improvement of this situation.
We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience, but the safety of our staff and customers are of the upmost importance to us. We will keep you updated if anything changes. Stay safe, support each other, and hopefully we’ll be pouring again for you soon!
Sincerely, Dan, Mark, and Amy
Six Mile Creek Vineyard & Distillery
Copyright © 2022 Six Mile Creek Vineyard - All Rights Reserved.
- Tasting availability is limited with priority given to those with a reservation. While we try our best to accommodate walk-ins, we only guarantee a wine tasting with a reservation!
- Getting a glass or bottle instead? Seating is limited to first come, first serve. We do not reserve tables!
- Large groups (6+ people) must call ahead & make a reservation. If able we will accept groups up to 12. All large groups are subject to a guided tasting (we pick the wines). We will not split groups larger than this.
- Plan ahead for a roughly 30-45 minute tasting time.