UPDATE NOVEMBER 4TH:
- All tastings are done at the bar inside our tasting room . We will have the doors/windows open on nice days to facilitate air flow, and for chiller days we have multiple HEPA air purifiers circulating fresh air. In addition the bars have been outfitted with plexi-glass and the tasting room attendant will remain masked during your tasting. We have set up our two bars into four small tasting stations, have multiple hand sanitation stations, and are strictly adhering to NY State capacity rules as to limit crowding and cross interaction with others.
- Due to high demand on weekends (Fri-Sun) reservations are highly recommended and are the only guaranteed way to acquire a tasting. Due to bar sanitation in between tastings as well as the need to provide our staff with ample breaks to step outside/cool off (they wear masks for 8+ hours) all reservations more than 10 minutes late are subject to forfeiture of their spot, deposit or if able, expedited services.
- Due to a wave of last-minute cancellations, no shows, and late arrivals we now require payment up front or a card on file for all Friday, Saturday, and Sunday reservations.
- Due to capacity rules and approaching winter weather we are only accepting groups of six people or less. Please note bar seating is for wine tastings only. Additional indoor seating is limited and on a first come, first serve basis. In addition, large groups are unable to hang in the tasting room once their tasting is over. Please do not cheat this system as we also do not want large groups as to provide ample space, social distancing and a safe environment for everyone.
- Due to increased cleaning and sanitation efforts we will no longer be accepting wine tastings after 5:30PM on weekdays and 5PM on weekends (Friday-Sun.) Bottle and glass sales will still be available until closing time at 6PM.
- As per daylight savings time dictates the grounds and outdoor seating aside from the tasting room deck will now close at nightfall. No exceptions!
JUNE 21: We are still open for outdoor on site consumption of glasses/bottles as well as to-go sales. Our target date (subject to change) for re-opening for wine tastings is Saturday, June 20th. We will begin taking reservations the afternoon of Wednesday, June 17th and will also be launching an online reservation service that day. We can accommodate up to four wine tastings at a time between our two different bars. Two groups upwards to 6 people each on one bar and two groups up to 4 people each on the other. Due to this limited capacity we strongly discourage anyone under 21 from entering the tasting room. If you are unable to accommodate this, the underage parties must remain with you and must be counted as part of your reservation regardless of the fact they will not be able to drink.
As per NY state regulations, we are not accepting any groups over 10 people (this includes outdoors as well). Due to the setup of our tasting room any groups larger than six will have to be split up. In addition, all groups larger than 6 will have to utilize our outdoor property (excluding the deck) if they want to have a glass or bottle for on-site consumption.
Tasting parties are expected to be at the bar and ready to taste at their agreed upon time, as well as remain at the bar until the tasting is over. Failure to do so can result in loss of reservation or tastings (non-refundable). Masks are still expected unless you are in your designated tasting area or at a table.
Starting Monday we will be modifying our hours 12PM-6PM for the work week and reverting back to our regular hours 10AM-6PM on the 20th. Please bear with us as we continue to navigate this new normal. Thank you!
JUNE 4TH: As of today we are now able to offer bottle and glass sales for outdoor on site consumption on our deck and grounds under very specific guidelines which are listed below. This is in addition to the to-go bottle sales, shipping, and curbside pick up we have been offering. At this time, we are still unable to do wine tastings, offer indoor seating, or indoor consumption.
Outdoor Consumption Rules:
1. No groups larger than six people at this time.
2. Your bottles and glasses can still be purchased in the tasting room. But please be mindful of anyone else in the building. We are running on limited staff and ask that if you see people at the bar upon arrival, please wait before coming up to the bar.
3. You must wear a mask in all common areas (including tasting room, deck, and grounds) until you are sitting at your table. Once you are at your table, you can take your mask off. If you get up to walk around, use bathroom, etc., the mask has to go back on.
4. As per NY rules only outside consumption is allowed. Be mindful of the weather before arriving as you will not be able to sit, linger, or drink in the tasting room under any circumstances! Covered outdoor spaces are greatly limited.
5. All seating is on a first come, first serve basis. You are welcome to bring your own food and eat but tables are for people only, do not use additional tables to set up buffets or picnics if you're not actually going to be sitting there.
6. Continue to maintain social distancing outside of your group.
7. Table's are spaced out to guidelines and can not be moved or put together. Due to capacity we can not offer additional chairs other than what is already on the deck.
8. Unfortunately at this time, all wine for on site consumption will have to be served in single use cups. No glassware.
9. Everyone must be off of the grounds/property at closing time (Sun-Thurs: 5PM * Fri. & Sat.: 6PM).
MAY 15TH: As classified by NY state, wineries are within phase 3 for a potential full re-opening as early as June 12th. This is subject to change and greatly dependent on how the first two re-opening phases go.
Until that authorization comes, we will continue to be open only for to-go bottle sales and curbside pickup. We will keep you posted as we learn more information.
MARCH 16TH : Due to NY state mandates regarding Covid-19, we will no longer be offering wine tastings or on site consumption indefinitely (this includes on our grounds as well). We are still open as an essential agricultural and food/beverage service business with restricted hours (see below) for bottle sales strictly on a to-go basis.
Friday: 12PM - 6PM
Saturday: 11AM - 6PM
We are also offering curbside service to those who do not want to come inside. Those who would prefer curbside are welcome to order via phone 607-272-9463 during business hours and our online store as well. Please consider calling in your order in advance as to limit any wait time.
All shipping orders will continue to be fulfilled as usual. All scheduled events the next couple months will be treated on a case by case basis dependent on improvement of this situation.
We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience, but the safety of our staff and customers are of the upmost importance to us. We will keep you updated if anything changes. Stay safe, support each other, and hopefully we’ll be pouring again for you soon!
Sincerely, Dan, Mark, and Amy
Six Mile Creek Vineyard & Distillery